NAB’s Around the Corner – Hang On!
I know it’s hard to believe, but NAB is only two and a half months away. It might seem like early days, but there are a few things you can do now to help make your life a bit easier and ensure that the show goes smoothly. Here are a few tried-and-true tips to get you started on your NAB planning.
Now is the perfect time for your sales team to start identifying key customers that it would like to meet with at NAB. Once your team identifies its targets, start pre-booking those sales meetings. Pre-booking ensures you’ll be available to meet with all of your customers and that you’ll have a demo pod or table available for the meeting.
It’s also time to start firming up the list of products you’ll be launching at the show and come up with the messaging you want to deliver to your customers. Once you have confirmed these details, share the new product details and messaging with your team so that everyone will be on the same page and provide a consistent message to customers.
Tips for surviving NAB:
1) Bring at least two pairs of comfortable shoes. To be sure they really will be comfortable, test them out on a walk around your neighborhood. You’ll be thankful to know those shoes passed the test before you hit the show floor running.
2) If you see a chair, sit in it. If you see food, eat it. You’ll be on the clock for the majority of the week. Don’t forget to sit down, eat something, and take a minute to refuel your mind and body.
3) If you’re hankering for a late-night snack, check out Secret Pizza in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. You’ll work up an appetite looking for this restaurant because it really is a secret – it’s unmarked and hidden.
4) Water will be your best friend for the week. Seriously, Las Vegas is a desert, and you’ll be on the go constantly. Stay hydrated!
5) Bring lots of business cards, and carry them with you at all times – even out to dinner. You never know when and where you might make a new contact. Also, be sure that your business cards are easily accessible.
6) Don’t panic! All the pieces will come together, and NAB will be a great success for your business ... but don’t let it sneak up on you. Be sure to have well-thought-out pre-show and on-site plans in place.
At Wall Street Communications, we’re here to help make sure your NAB planning goes smoothly and that you get the maximum benefit from the show. For more information about how we can help, click here.